[pure-silver] Re: ADV: Re: Mr. Nash's arrogance

  • From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 15:31:54 -0400

I also have pursued, studied and worked in other areas.  I am a pilot,
Olympic level fencing coach, etc.  But I don't make statements about things
in which I am not highly trained and/or experienced.   I have eclectic
tastes in music and, for therapy after a long day living in my eyes and
brain, I put on music and cook dinner for my wife and daughter.  But I would
never make dismissive statement to any of my friends who are chefs at some
of our best restaurants.nor would I make sweeping generalizations about
music to my friends who are accomplished musicians or my friend who is a
university professor in musicology.

The statement to which I think we all object is "film is dead, get used to
it".  From what I have read in this thread, no one has taken exception to
his other statements or accomplishments.  But by his statement about the
demise of film he simply has demonstrated his ignorance of, I say again, all
of the options available to the serious photographer working today.  Sadly,
Nash's statement is yet another example of the old adage, "Better to be
thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

  _____