[puduvailug] Re: [our own domain and mailing list]

  • From: Prasanna Venkadesh <prasmailme@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "puduvailug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <puduvailug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:21:42 +0530

On Monday, January 16, 2012, Krishnan Sethuraman <krishnan.ubuntu@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Dear PuduvaiIlug Members
>
> I think it is time for us to set up our own domain and our own mailing
list server instead of the freelists.org one. What do you think? Keep your
comments/suggestions coming.

I too thought of such things at start but being a non-profit organisation,
if we are setting up our own domain it needs money and in upcoming days we
will be requesting for donations like what wikipedia is doing, let us focus
on our activities more and even we shall spend money on those activities.
And I think there is no problem with freelists.org or our current wordpress
blog! It reaches well to others too :-)

If you have any other idea or suggestions please share them too :)

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile