[puduvailug] Big Event to happen - Lifetime Opportunity

  • From: Prasanna Venkadesh <prasmailme@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: puduvailug <puduvailug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, vlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 14:55:28 +0530

Dear PuduvaiLUG members,

A Big event is going to occur on February 6th (Monday) Organised by FSFTN
mainly and we PuduvaiLUG and other LUGs like ILUG-C, KanchiLUG are joining
them to make this Grand event a big successful.

1. Whats SPECIAL about this event?

Richard Mathew Stallman shortly known as RMS (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman ), the founder of the GNU
Project (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Project) ; the initiator of Free
Software Movement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software_movement)
and the founder of Free Software Foundation (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Software_Foundation) will be the Hero of
the Event on February 6th 2012.

He is visiting Chennai on that day, to conduct a workshop on Free Software.
Free software foundation and Gnu Project are the two main giants behind the
Free Open Source Operating System, which we love known as Linux. Meeting
RMS live is a big thing and as he is visiting Chennai, Tamil Nadu it is a
very good opportunity to know about more things from him.

2. Where is the event going to happen?

FSFTN are considering a list of Venues and soon the venue will be announced
and we will also let you know via mailing list ; our Blog site (
http://puduvailug.wordpress.com) ; and Facebook page (
https://www.facebook.com/puduvailug).

Date: 06.2.2012 - Monday

3. Are you in plan of attending?

Make yourself free on February 6th, and confirm your presence to us within
this week. Registration details below.
When there are good number of people from Puducherry, we can arrange a
transport (either a mini van or sort of that kind) and let us reach that
place instead of everyone struggling to reach the place. This is possible
only if the attendees are contributing some amount of money (ranging from
Rs. 60 to 100).

4. Are you a school or college student?

FSFTN and PuduvaiLUG will send a Poster or Pamphlet to your College
regarding this via famous educationalists or Professors.
Tell your friends about how Free Softwares are playing a major role in
Society and this event will take India forward to avoid Software Piracy and
don't forget to tell them about the 4 RULES of FSF (
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html) -> this link is very important
to read.

We believe Students (Youths') are the next big thing in our society to
change our country which has got a brand "Corrupted". Students are only
capable of bringing a revolution in Education and society. If Students
doesn't care then it is sure that our next generation (our children) are
the one who is going to suffer in our society.

5. How to Register?

Registration to PuduvaiLUG is simple, type your Name, Contact number,
Organization/College/School name and send a mail to PRASMAILME @ GMAIL . COM
The subject of the Mail should be strictly as FSF-Registration.

6. Official Links for the above organizations:

i. Free Software Foundataion - http://www.fsf.org/
ii. GNU Project - http://www.gnu.org/
iii. Free Software Foundation Tamil Nadu - http://fsftn.org/
iv. Puducherry Linux Users Group (PuduvaiLUG) -
http://puduvailug.wordpress.com/
v. Indian Linux Users Group - Chennai (ILUGC) - http://www.ilugc.in/
vi. Kanchi Linux Users Group - http://kanchilug.wordpress.com/

If you require some more details feel free to Contact:

1. Prasanna Venkadesh
Email: prasmailme@xxxxxxxxx
Mobile: 9940325718

2. Alagunambi Welkin