plextalk pocket not wanting to play an mp3 file properly

  • From: André van Deventer <andredbsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 23:02:03 +0200

Hi all

This is a very strange business indeed.

I downloaded an audio drama encoded at 128 kbps  and transferred it to my
pocket.

The strange thing is that the file only playes for about 6 minutes although
when checking it on the pc I am told that it is 54 minutes long.  The pocket
tells me though that the file is only 6 minutes long.

On the pc this 128 kbps file also plays  for longer than 6 minutes using
windows player on a windows 7 machine but when using for example foobar 2000
it will only play for 6 minutes!

Very strange business!  I thought the pocket would play all files at 128
kbps?