RE: microphones

  • From: "Cuthbertson, Jamie" <Jamie.Cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:12:10 -0000

Terry,

I use an Audio-Technica ATR25 with a small portable stand and it works quite
well on the microphone socket.  If you want to record through the Line in
socket you'd need a pre-amp of some kind to boost the level.  The ATR25 uses a
single AA battery.

Note that this microphone is stereo but will only record in mono on the
microphone socket on the PTR1.

As for websites, I'm not sure as I bought mine over the counter at Sound
Control in Glasgow.  I'm sure that you'll get plenty of options if you Google
ATR25.

Cheers,

Jamie