RE: RE: Question once again

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:49:48 -0000

Hi John,

By all means have a go at using the transfer software but it is certainly
not required if you prefer to simply copy and paste books across from your
computer to the SD card.

It sounds like you are already doing the correct things i.e. each DAISY book
must be in its own folder and no DAISY book can be in a sub folder of
another book.  I tend to put all my DAISY books into the root directory but,
if you have a lot of books on the card at the same time, you may prefer to
create a sub folder for them and then create separate folders inside this
for each book.

The only other reason that I can think that the PTP1 may not be recognising
your DAISY books is if you have not copied all the necessary files over.
For example, if you have missed the NCC.HTML file, you would still be able
to play the MP3 files but it would not behave as a fully navigable DAISY
book.  There are other files which, if missing, would also cause the book
not to be recognised properly.

The last idea that I have is that perhaps your firmware might have become
corrupted.  If nothing else works, it might be worth downloading the most
recent version and try re-installing it.

Hope this helps.

Jamie