Plextalk Recording Software not speaking

  • From: "Cuthbertson, Jamie" <Jamie.Cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 17:22:41 +0100

Hello there everyone,

I've got an odd issue that I'm hoping that someone out there might be able to
help with.

Until relatively recently I've had the PRS software installed on my work laptop
and it had been working fine.  I am not sure what has now caused it to become a
bit intermittent but it more often than not now will not launch.

I am running Windows XP Professional, PRS version 2.02.01.20. and have a number
of other programmes which use synthetic speech such as Kurzweil 1000, Jaws
version 7.0. and Dolphin Producer and EaseReader.

I am sometimes lucky and the system appears to work fine including the speech,
but more often than not, it simply won't launch PRS at all.  When I go to shut
down the system, I get an error message saying the PRS is not responding.

Has anyone else come across anything similar and do you have any ideas for
fixes?  Is it possible that any of the other software mentioned might be
causing a clash with the synthesizers - I do put Jaws to sleep and unload the
synthesizer when I launch PRS?

Any ideas gratefully received.

Regards,

Jamie