PTP Pocket: Phrase or "study" playback mode suggestion

  • From: Jeff Samco <jsamco@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 19:39:45 -0700

I have a suggestion for the Plextor team that decides and implements firmware features.

Lately, I have been doing quite a bit of editting using the Plextalk Recording Software. Using the navigation by phrase is really a refreshing way to go through audio content when I want to spend time deliberating a bit before moving on to the next phrase. Of course, this works best when phrases comprise a complete sentence or a complete-enough thought.

Then it hit me. I would also like a similar playback feature where the Pocket will play a phrase and then stop until I press whatever key advances to the next, or maybe, previous phrase. This would give us a similar type of control in our reading to that others enjoy when reading with their eyes or fingers. They are in control of the pace of reading. But, when reading with our ears, the playback device dominates the pace of reading.

So, what do other's think of this feature idea?

Jeff