Re: Not receiving messages from ptr1-users

  • From: "Bill Tomlinson" <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:06:44 +0100

Hi Marilyn,

I don't know about being adept at using the PTR1 - it's quite the opposite
for me.  I'm ashamed to admit that I've had a PTR1 for several months, but
apart from charging it up and trying it once to prove it worked, I haven't
even begun to scratch the surface of how to use it fully - can you believe
that?  There's been a lot going on at home here, and I've been managing with
a simpler reader for the time-being.  I realise I'm going to have to put
aside some serious time to really get to grips with it.

But, in the meantime, I've been storing some really interesting and useful
past messages from this list that I know will get me off to a quick start
when I begin the 'PTR1 learning-curve'.

Regarding accessing the homepage, I thought I'd give this another try.  I've
figured out what caused the problem - but I've got no idea why.  The
homepage address includes a final backslash.  I tried removing this
backslash from the address, and it works fine!

Regards,
Bill T.