RE: Help with setting the time.

  • From: "Cuthbertson, Jamie" <Jamie.Cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:35:41 +0100

Kevin,

I have copied below the appropriate section from the manual.  Hopefully
this will answer your question.

Regards,

Jamie

10.1.  Setting the date and time.

To set the date and time for the internal clock, do the following:

REMINDER:  The Information key is the black, diamond shaped key at the
top of the column of 5 keys on the left side of PLEXTALK.  The Back and
Forward keys are the black, semi circular keys either side of the
Play/Stop key.

*       Press the Information key twice.  PLEXTALK will ask you to input
the day with 4 digits.  It will then speak the date that is set at
present.
*       Use the Number Pad to enter the current date by pressing 2
numbers for the month followed by 2 numbers for the day.  Use leading
zeros where necessary.  Press the Enter key to confirm your entry or the
Cancel key to enter the information again.
*       When you have confirmed your entry, PLEXTALK will ask you to
input the year.  It will then speak the year that is set at present.
*       Use the Number Pad to enter the current year with 4 digits.
Press the Enter key to confirm your entry or the Cancel key to enter the
information again.
*       When you have confirmed your entry, PLEXTALK will ask you to
enter the time with 4 digits. It will also prompt that you can use the
Back or Forward keys to select AM or PM for the time setting.  Lastly,
it will play the time that is set at present.
*       Use the Number Pad to enter the current time with 4 digits.  Use
leading zeros where necessary.  Press the Enter key to confirm your
entry or Cancel key to enter the information again.  If you wish to
select the AM or PM setting, before pressing the Enter key, use the Back
or Forward keys to make your selection.

*       The date and time should now be set correctly and PLEXTALK will
automatically exit this feature.  By way of confirmation, the date and
time that you have just entered will then be spoken back to you.