Follo-up on my microphone distortion problem

  • From: André van Deventer <andredbsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 20:18:11 +0200

Hi folks

Have been experimenting a bit  round here with two different microphones and
an old mic pre-amp I dug up with some very interesting results.

When connecting up both my sennheiser microphone  and my other yoga
electronics boundary microphones the distortion is now very very low.  So it
does seem that for some microphones you need to run it through a preamp.

My question still remains why this is so especially considering the price of
the ptr2?  The fault does not lie with the boundary microphone because even
through the headphone out socket of the ptr the sound quality is
distortion-free.  I find this a very strange situation.

Why does it not distort through the headphone out socket but in the
recording on the CF card?

Seems that having to carry round an extra preamp is somewhat of a nuisance?

Andre

Checked by AVG.
07:53 PM