[pskmail] Re: was:(no subject) No success rx pskmail

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:09:20 +0200

On sön, 2007-08-12 at 17:09 +0200, Wolf Höller wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Larry Levesque schrieb:
> > How about a way to ping the servers so they send some test message on
> > the freq they were pinged on?  That shouldn't bee to hard to do. Could
> > even build a Internet gateway to activate it.
> >
> This could be a solution: Access to a server via internet and trigger a
> series of pings or beacon text on a dedicated frequency to check the own
> settings. And after a time of may be 5 or 10 minutes the system is
> setting back automatically to normal operation. This way could bring
> more interested hams to pskmail. Rein, Per what do you mean?
>
> Referring to pactor I can reach the PMBO pa3duv the most time of the day
> on 80m. My wiredipol hangs to low above the roof - good for NVIS.
> The target is to reach a server in europe with a minimum of rf-power
> (i.e. with a FT-817 or similar).

Hi,

Sure, no problem!
I have had a cron job running that checks a mailaccount here, I have
used that as an email<->pskmail gateway. At the moment its not active
but I can restart it. One problem is that I run a scanning server, to be
sure abt where the transmission takes place I should stop the scan and
place the server on 30 meters. What you do is that you send an email to
the server (I'll let you know the account when I have activated it) with
the contents of the transmission. The cron job feeds that to fldigi
right away. Would that work for you?

Have you heard anything yet? At the moment we have a very nice, not, OTH
radar active on 30 meters but did you hear anything before that?

I am working on my schack here at the new QTH. I have had wlan trouble
here (-90 dBm signal) and I have now put up a patch antenna with 14 dB
gain above the roof (-63 dBm was the result, great). I am also running a
temporary antenna on hf. I have abt 40 meters of wire 4-5 meters up (a
number of radials of course) and I will change to a doublet antenna and
raise that to abt 15-20 meters next week. So, my signal should improve
then.