[pskmail] Re: pskmail] Re: Trouble connecting

  • From: "jcjglt@xxxxxxxxx" <jcjglt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 07:44:34 +1100

On 27/01/2012 07:27, Bernard Dekok wrote :
Hi,

I have the same problem with GMX.com
I can receive mails from gmail.com <http://gmail.com>
But cannot send anything via my gmx.com <http://gmx.com> PSKMail account.
Also not to any other accounts (not just gmail.)
I.e. my outgoing mail does not go out, and my gmx.com <http://gmx.com> *Sent* mail tab shows nothing.

It is strange to me that the Preferences box email setup in PSKMail has a input field for the incoming Pop3 mail, but no field for the outgoing SMTP mail....
Maybe because when you send an email you rely on the internet access of the server with which you are connected. This server needs to know your e-mail account download details to download your e-mails ; the emission of your outgoing e-mails is its matter, not yours. This is barely my opinion.
jcglt