[pskmail] pskmail 2.x DTN implementation status

  • From: "Iain Young, G7III" <g7iii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 11:19:27 +0100

Hi Folks,

Running alpha/beta software doesn't scare me in the slightest, but I was wondering what the status of DTN (Protocol 1) was in pskmail 2.x

I understand that pskmail 1.x has implemented the part of DTN that
handles sending a message or file in multiple parts (due to loss of
comm channel etc), but does not implement the ability to forward on
to other DTN / pskmail hosts.

I was wondering if with V2, any progress had been made on that. Or
maybe we should just consider letting the O/S (Linux etc) handle
the side of things ?

(While I've not tried - yet, I'm pretty sure I could graft pskmail onto
a Linux DTN back-end to provide routing etc...)

73s

Iain