[pskmail] Re: i'm not appearing on the map/list

  • From: WN1Z <wn1z.orrin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 11:29:12 -0700

On 5/29/07, Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Orrin,

Rein, thanks for the response.

You wrote, in part:

The difference between the 2 servers is that Per shows all signals with
'pskmail' in the status,
while my server uses the last 2000 packets with '>PSKMAIL', so it only shows
the stations
which have been active the last 3 days or so...

I understand now that Per's page shows signals with 'pskmail' in the
status. And i understand about your page using the last 2000
packets.  But what does '>PSKMAIL' mean?  Does that mean
that the status must contain MORE THAN JUST THE STRING 'PSKMAIL'?

So if my status has only 'pskmail' without the version number,
it won't qualify as a "valid" pskmail signal?

Just curious.  Last weekend i deleted the '0.2.9' from my status in
order to make my position report string less lengthy.

And yes, i understand completely what you said about your server
etc. being down.

Orrin wn1z