[pskmail] compaq laptop to donate

  • From: "David Vrona" <dave@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 15:33:42 +0000

Hi all,

I have an old Compaq Armada 1550DMT laptop with docking station that I'd
like to donate to anyone that can use it as part of a station setup for
pskmail.

It runs fine and has 80 MB of memory.  Yes, I know, but it is quite snappy
running Windows 2000.  So, I think it should run quite nicely with Linux.
It has a Pentium processor running at 200 MHz.

The laptop itself has a serial port on it and with the docking station it
has all sorts of ports, including ethernet.

I just have two conditions:

1) you pay for the shipping cost

2) you promise to use the laptop in support of a pskmail node

I'll hang on to it for a week or so.  If I don't hear from anyone, I will
toss it.

thanks,
dave
n9qnz