[pskmail] Re: US servers, lots of them

  • From: "Andrew O'Brien" <k3ukandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 20:14:46 -0400

I did connect to NI4VA with good signals but lots of QRM on all these
40M frequencies from LSB phone traffic and WL2K Pactor.

I think to attract new users PSKMAIl has to be clearer as to what is
happening at certain stages.   Obviously when using ARQ there are
pauses and retries, but frequently I do not know if things have
hung-up or just pausing or waiting for the frequency to be clear.
Things like the color system of text like <SOH>10cK3UK:1024 NI4VA:24
8859b43D307<EOT>
<SOH>0"a47D9<EOT>
tete:S <SOH>10cK3UK:1024 NI4VA:24 3859b4313BD<EOT>

tell me nothing and newer users even less.

Andy K3UK