[pskmail] Sound card question

  • From: "Bill - N8ET" <n8et@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:04:27 -0500

Hi -

I just installed Ubuntu 7.10 on my desktop PC.  I notice that when I hit TUNE
on fldigi, the tone that comes out of the sound card has a ticking noise.
When I run that tone into another PC via audio cables and look at it on an
flidigi waterfall, it is not a continuous tone - i.e., the ticking I am hearing
is
when the audio tone actually stops and then restarts.

When I run the Puppy distribution, that ticking is there when I configure the
sound card in fldigi to use the top choise for the card (OSS?) on the
configuration screen (I don't have screen in front of me - can't remember
what is actually was)  When I use the bottom choice, the tone is clean and
continuous.  In Ubuntu - it seems to make no difference - the ticking is
always there.  It does not matter what the volume one the sound card is set
at either..

Any ideas??  Thanks!

 --
73 - Bill - N8ET