[pskmail] Server online agn

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 16:32:42 +0100

Hi all,

My parents have been visiting and they stayed in the shack (its actually
a guest house) during the weekend so couldnt use the radios. Now that I
do use the radios it seems the pskmail server antenna was bad, extremly
high swr. I did notice that some animal had eaten half way through the
coax I had before the current, cant see now if thats the case again but
I have switched to a working antenna (on another coax) on the server.

Btw, any hints abt cables that wild animals do not like to chew on?
We have plenty of wild pig/boar, deer and sometimes elk/moose in the
woods and all of them have been sighted just off or on our lot.
I guess I should bury pipes and have the cable there but that will have
to wait until summer (cant dig now anyway, ground frozen solid).