[pskmail] Server and client talking over each other.

  • From: Steve <stevez@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 20:15:59 +1100

Hello,

Playing with slow modes here (MFSK32), but even though both server and client can hear each other well, they insist on talking over each other. It happens constantly until the block size was dropped enough for the transmissions to have time to get through. I superficially read talk on this list about timings, etc, but isn't there a better way? If the server (or client) sees a SOH, then why doesn't it shut up and listen for a while longer? Make it wait a certain time before giving up on hearing a EOT.

I found myself listening and watching in amusement when a perfectly good header was decoded by the server, but it still decided to transmit over the top of the client a couple of seconds later!

I suggest the following patch to the code :-

10 if (soh decoded) then shutUpForaWhile
20 goto 10

I hope you read that in the good humour it was intended!

Steve.