[pskmail] Re: Server Live CD Beta

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 07:54:38 +0200

Hi Rein,

Thank you very much for an excellent test report!
I will try to address all of these issues and then release a new iso.

Just a few comments on your findings:
* The sound fanfare: will remove
* Numlock on: will remove (stop the daemon)
* Compaq armada 700 sound: This might be a difficult one, its easier to
fix if its completely broken, I have never heard of that problem before
* sndconfig: will include that
* 512 MB: Unsure, I can remove memory and test. Or, I can write 512 Megs
in the requirements ;-)
* SSL Pop: Yes, I didn't investigate this enough. Mail::POP3Client
installed very easily. There must be more stuff needed. The script
could prove very useful, thanks!
* ntpdate: I will install all the necessary ntp stuff
* vncserver: true, missing. Will install that too.
* usb stick mount point: thats where it should have been all along!

Yes, I will try to remove as much as possible. I could probably trim 100
MB or so off this iso, more will require that I loose kde and replace it
with something else. Yes, I was thinking about the demo side of things
as well. Could have a booth at a hamfest and demo the entire system...

Oh, I'll move cbh_code.pl etc as well. I haven't had the time to look at
those yet. Perhaps I should also add some swedish stuff to those?