[pskmail] Pse listen before pushing connect

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 11:38:28 +0100

Hi all,

At the moment G6CKR is connected to the server here and some other
client is connected to another server on the same frequency at the same
time. Its not the first time it happens and I guess its not the last
either, lately I think its something that has happened more and more
frequently. The frequency is quiet for an hour or so and then all of a
sudden several QSO's start at the exact same time. It almost makes me
wonder. The frequency was very nice and clear when Roger connected, ARQ
was running fine with PSK500 at both ends. Then another QSO started and
clients and servers started degrading their modes until the frequency
was all quiet once again.

Perhaps we need to put technical limitations in place, perhaps have the
servers talk to each other.. In the meantime, pse listen carefully
before starting a session.

73 de Per
SM0RWO