[pskmail] Packages

  • From: Alan <akepple@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 09:38:39 -0400

I would like to upgrade to the latest versions of client and server.  I
am running Ubuntu Hardy.  For version 0.8.2 of the client I get the
following messages on the terminal:
ack@ack-desktop:~$ cd pskmail-0.8.2
ack@ack-desktop:~/pskmail-0.8.2$ pskmail
Cannot open logfile at /usr/local/share/pskmail/arq.pm line 2571.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/share/pskmail/psk_arq.pl
line 66.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/pskmail/psk_arq.pl
line 66

For the latest server version I get the following:
ack@ack-desktop:~/pskmail_server-0.7.2$ sudo ./install.sh
Install pskmail_server in /usr/local/share/pskmail_server for user
Copying start script to /usr/local/bin
/usr/local/share/pskmail_server already exists
Copying scripts to /usr/local/share/pskmail_server
Pskmail is now ready for use
ack@ack-desktop:~/pskmail_server-0.7.2$ pskmail_server
12:34 UTC May-3-2008: Program start
Use of uninitialized value in print
at /usr/local/share/pskmail_server/rflinkserver.pl line 63.

Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//)
at /usr/local/share/pskmail_server/rflinkserver.pl line 64.
12:34 UTC May-3-2008: Wrong APRS beacon format. Please adjust
pskmailrc.pl
Latitude format is: ddmm.mm, padded with leading and trailing zeros
e.g.: 4420.34 or 0400.11 or 0000.10

Longitude format is: dddmm.mm, padded with leading and trailing zeros
e.g.: 14420.34 or 00400.11 or 00000.10

Please stop and restart
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string
at /usr/local/share/pskmail_server/rflinkserver.pl line 143.

Rein thanks for putting these packages together.  Install packages will
make PSKmail much more accessible to new Linux users like myself.
73 Alan KD4QCL