[pskmail] PSKMail and QTC-Net

  • From: Hans Freitag <zem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 18:20:43 +0200

Hello together, I am Hans (OE1SRC)

Since April I am working on a project called QTC-Net, which is a decentralized telegram distribution system for Amateur radio. Now I am thinking about the
attachment of PSK Mail server and Client to QTC Net.

The project defines several standards for example application interfaces, server data exchange and even a new operation mode for unautomated stations,
like tin can cw transmitters. To the user it should not matter where he
connects to qtc-net he will always have access to the same messages
and settings.

The telegram distribution itself is heavily inspired by other decentralized systems like bitcoin, bitmessage and twister, but it has a different security level which makes it possible to sync QTC-Net messages legally over radio links. I am using signatures for authentication, but, different to Bitmessage, a network message itself is definately public data, and can be read and interpreted
by everyone.

Development takes place at GITHub: https://github.com/zem/qtc-net a demo
version along with a project website is available at https://www.qtc-net.org/

There are some enhancements that I am building right now within QTC Net, to extend the useability, but in one or two weeks the project finally comes to the point where I can start with an integration of qtc-net in pskmail. I am looking
forward to hear from you.

mny 73 from Vienna
    de Hans OE1SRC
--
This final error message indicates a successful installation of a
UNIX GIS cluster node.