[pskmail] Re: PSKMail Live CD

  • From: Lawrence Levesque <ka1vgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 08:22:48 -0500

You are using a program to "Burn an Image File" and not just trying to
copy the ISO file  to a burning program and burning the disk.  You have
to use a BURN IMAGE/ISO file option, otherwise you are just copying the
ISO file to the CD.  You can verify this by putting the cd in a computer
that has booted up, If you see a file names *.iso on the cd  , you know
you did it wrong.  You should see all of the individual files.

I have succesfully booted it on about 12 different machines. Laptops and
desktops.  Make sure you have double check the MDA5 checksum to verify
you have a good copy of the file before burning.  Also, I find it better
to use a name brand CD blank as opposed to a Staples or other generic
one.

good luck!

--
Larry Levesque