[pskmail] PSK63R Robust mode - any use?

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:03:40 +1100

Dear All,

I need to know if we are using / plan to use the PSK63R (PSK63 robust)
mode with Pskmail.

The reason being that I need to get definitive RSID codes for the
"Robust" modes and they are in short supply. So if we are not going to
use that mode, remember it has the standard psk31 data rate, we may as
well leave it out.

Also there is the PSK63FEC version also implemented in the development
version of 3.13BG (an off branch) and it can be used for very slow
connections if required. And despite the absence of interleaver it is
quite robust already. Since it is already in the RSID register
(already implemented in Multipsk) we do not need to add it.

Please let me know,

Regards,

John (VK2ETA)