[pskmail] PA0R-1 80m NVIS

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 21:28:43 +0200

The test run with PA0R-1 was quite successful.

Server side 50 Watts on full wave horizontal loop
Client side quarter wave inverted L 6 m high and 14 m long.
Distance was 150 km.

The server was S9++ in the morning hours and S7 otherwise.
I could work the server with 5 Watts in the morning. During the evenings I
needed 80 Watts
to send posit beacons over the S9+40 static QRN. We had thunderstorms during
the
late afternoons and nights, rendering 80m unuseable even for the cw contest.
I hardly noticed multi-path at this distance.
We worked only a few W/VE's on 80 in the contest :(

It showed that as soon as the qrn is louder than the signal the system  is
getting very slow,
as the packets go to minimum length. But the message got there even through
(or rather around) the qrn.

(But of course it was a real luxury to get the mail at full speed with 5 Watts
in the morning...)

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com