[pskmail] New PSK modes for pskmail coming soon...

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 20:09:41 +0100

We are preparing for the introduction of new robust modes
for pskmail/fldigi. John, VK2ETA has provided the code for it, and we are
currently waiting for the issue of RSID codes.

The new modes are basically the BPSK modes with the addition of
FEC (with soft Viterbi encoding), and interleaving. These new modes are
much more robust than QPSK, and have been thoroughly tested
by VK2ETA and PA0R.

The new modes are designated PSK500R, PSK250R, PSK125R and PSK63R.
Baud rate is 50% of the raw modes, meaning that you can use
PSK500R instead of PSK250. The Baud rates are 250 Bd for both, but PSK500R
has twice the bandwidth and is a LOT more robust than BPSK250.

http://pa0r.blogspirit.com