[pskmail] Re: New HOWTO on Monitoring CAT Commands

  • From: Ian Wade G3NRW <g3nrw-radio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 20:57:17 +0000

From: Ian Wade G3NRW <g3nrw-radio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012   Time: 21:07:49

Recently, while writing Excel VBA code for tools to manage the Kenwood
TS-590S, I found the need to monitor the CAT commands issued by my
software to the radio, and to check the responses from the radio.

[Snip]

I have just realized I included the wrong URL for the HHD Serial Monitor in my HOWTO. The URL points to the paid-for version of HHD, whereas I had intended to point to the free version.

The free version is available at:

   http://www.serial-port-monitor.com/

There is no trial limit. I have been using it since last September, without any request for payment.

The free program is called "free-serial-port-monitor.exe". The full version is called "serial-monitor.exe" and is almost twice as big as the free version.

--
73
Ian, G3NRW

The TS-590S Resources Page: