[pskmail] Re: [LinuxRMS] Re: Why is RMS Gateway K7EK-4 not authorized in Winlink system?

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 22:52:45 +0100

Whoa, just read a bit about the effects of this mess. Like here: "I
noticed that my WINMOR/RMS server was refusing connections. Apparently
this is due to not being able to contact any CMS sites.".

So, name resolution stopped and so did the servers? That is a major
single point of failure if I ever heard of one. I hope they take care of
this and make sure it wont happen again. Lets also keep this in mind so
that we wont ever be tempted to rely on anything similar (not that we
would but..).

I also hope we can just learn from this and not start a flame war as no
one will benefit from that.

73 de Per, sm0rwo