[pskmail] Lat/long format in server beacons

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 12:28:53 +0200

The lat/long format in server beacons in the pskmailrc.pl config file is:
 "5122.43N/00520.22E&Status"

The lat. format is   ddmm.mm (d=decimal degree, m=decimal minute)
The lon. format is dddmm.mm

So the longitude needs a leading zero if less than 100 degrees and 2 leading
zeros if less than 10 degrees.
There should be exactly 2 decimals.

If you don't use exactly this format findu.com will not see it as a valid
position.
I have just changed the 'pskmailers.php' page to accomodate this error, but I
cannot change 'findu' :)

You can try this by going to http://homebase.pskmail.org/maps/pskmailers.php
and
clicking on 'W3NR'. The pskmailers page now shows the right posit, but if you
click on to findu
you get an old position. This can be corrected by using the right format in
pskmailrc.pl.

http://pa0r.blogspirit.com