[pskmail] Hello and a couple questions

  • From: Michael Schrody <kd7tkq@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:17:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hello!

I'm glad to have discovered PSKmail, and many thanks to all who have made this
system possible.

Please forgive me, but I have a couple of "dumb n00b" questions that I was
unable to find answers to on the wiki:

First, I understand that PSKmail is designed for soundcard interface to radio,
and that is what I will be using. A friend of mine, however, is wondering if it
can be done using an external modem/TNC, and if so, what are the requirements
and/or what specific modem/TNC models might be compatible?

Second, is there any capability, either current or planned, to support telnet
sessions? For example, using HF connection through PSKmail server, I would like
to be able to telnet in to a shell on a friend's Linux box - would such a thing
be possible?

Thank you!

 - Mike

This electronic communication is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling, grammar, and punctuation enhance its individual character and beauty
and are not to be considered flaws nor defects.