[pskmail] FW: Re: PSKmail info

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 09:41:54 +0200 (CEST)

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Rein Couperus
Gesendet: May 4, 2010 9:40:35 AM
An: Robert Krasowski
Betreff: Re: PSKmail info

Hi Robert,

it works in a different way... you can connect to ANY telnet socket on the
internet... e.g. 'telnet k1ttt.net 23' will connect you to
the DX Cluster at k1ttt.  Telnet sockets on the pskmail server can be reached
via 'telnet localhost portnr.'.
If e.g. you run a telnet conference bridge on the pskmail server on port 999,
you can reach it from the client
with telnetting to 'localhost 999'. From the internet the same bridge can be
reached by 'telnet host-ip 999'.

This works for any application which has a telnet socket, also for the Packet
Radio Igate system which hosts a
lot of telnet apps.

tnx for answer Rein.
I understand now that we can have chat connection between client and server, am
I correct?
I understand also that I can connect to server via telnet (SSH), can I do the
same thing with client- probably not. What is the port number of telnet in
server side??
I am sorry for those questions that are very basic, but it can get quite
frustrating trying to solve this by myself. Thanks
Robert
KB2PNM