[pskmail] Re: DCD

  • From: rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 11:12:33 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Fred,

fldigi does not offer a DCD signal, so I have to use software DCD.

The squelch opens when pskmail sees a <SOHSign> or <US> character and it closes
when it sees a <EOTSign>.
This means that there will still be collisions on anything else,
including the preamble. That is why I have changed the preamble from CALL to
<US>, a single character which will also trigger the DCD.

Of course sometimes the <EOTSign> will be covered by QRN or pactor, in that
case
pskmail will refuse to TX until a timer has gone to zero. At the moment this is
set to 20 seconds.

The DCD does not work on the server yet, waiting for a working
version of fldigi (still AFC problems) suitable for the server
before I can use the new interface there.

The status information:
< 1[2-2]R3P4

>-< = DCD info (TX, idle, RX)
1 = nr of last sent block