[pskmail] Re: Comcast.net blocking outbound mail.

  • From: Thomas Couperus <thomas.couperus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 00:17:54 +0100

Bernard,

As far as I can see the settings for comcast smtp-server in your
pskmailrc.pl should be:

$relay = "smtp.comcast.net";
$smtptlsuser = "user.name";
$smtptlspass = "*password*";
$smtptlsport = 587;

In this case user.name should be the first part of your comcast
mailaddress, so if the mailaddress is bernard.dekok@xxxxxxxxxxx you need to
enter bernard.dekok {not bernard.dekok\@comcast.net}. The password should
be the same you use for logging on to the webmail server.

Hope this helps! [Info adjusted from
http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-outlook-settings/
and  http://pskmail.wikispaces.com/Server ]

73 Thomas / PD0TC