[pskmail] Bluetooth audio interface for Android Pskmail - schematic, report, instructions and new AndPskmail program to go with it

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 17:29:59 +1100

Dear OMs,

I have compiled here the information on how I used a Bluetooth
headset/handsfree kit as an audio interface for the Android version of
Pskmail.

It produces a very handy solution as this resolves the issues of RF
feedback to the phone and it's touchscreen, plus provides for a more
comfortable operation with a 10M radius between the transceiver and the
 Android phone running the AndPskmail program.

Although I didn't get to try it "next to the fire, with a cold drink in
hand", I used it about 5-6 meters away in a comfortable chair without any
issue.

If you can test the AndPskmail program with a Bluetooth headset or
handsfree kit, even if not connected directly to the radio, and report your
results, that would be of great help.

Provided you can use the Bluetooth device while in a phone call, it should
work with AndPskmail. But I need to get confirmation of this since I can
only test it on a few phones.

A fun project in my experience,

Attached are the manual and the new AndPskmail application for installation
on your Android phone.

Enjoy.

73, John (VK2ETA)