[pskmail] Re: Aw: Time to close down the wiki?

  • From: Sander Pool <sander_pool@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 11:26:00 -0500

Hi,

I wrote and maintain a few astronomy related wikis on wikispaces.com. They are membership based and I only let trusted members in. For everyone else the wiki is read-only. No spam problems. Cost is zero.

An example is http://deepskystacker.wikispaces.com . You'll see the big red warning not to ask to become a member. It's pointless :-) People ask all the time and I simply ignore it.

Of course we could have a philosophical debate about what a wiki is without being 'open' but I simply use it as an easy to edit information store that search engines index. Being able to collaborate with specific people rather than the 'internet at large' is also great.

Ultimately of course it's 100% the prerogative of the pskmail maintainers to do as they wish. My only feedback is that bad information is worse than no information. I've been terribly confused with the pskmail information and have not been able to make it run yet. After a few months rest I think I'll give it another try. Anything the team can do to cull incorrect or outdataed information would be great for all new users.

Many thanks to all of the multipsk contributors.

73,

    Sander W1SOP

On 12/14/2012 10:43 AM, Tarmo Huttunen wrote:
I could check wikipages and remove spam links frequently.