[pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: Strange errors in 1.7.0b version

  • From: Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 12:25:47 +0200

Il 06/10/2014 12:07, Rein Couperus ha scritto:
> Franco,
>
> when you set default mode in Preferences->modes to DominoEx22, the mode
> will stay in that mode until you connect.

Yes, this is the default. But sometime there is need to change mode
using Menu->Mode and this reset at new minute. A button to disable this,
or a button to restore default mode after manual change, is welcome.

> THOR4 used to be a mode in jPSKmail, but I dropped it because the frames
> are getting too long for the protocol... In my experience, THOR8 is
> sensitive enough.

Today transmission was by OE5RTL. I decoded it using Fldigi without
Jpskmail

> DominoEx11 also works nicely, and it is 2x faster than THOR8. I use THOR
> especially which there is a lot of QRN. I am working on a more robust
> ARQ protocol using DomEx, using memory ARQ on smaller blocks...

Good news. Sometime is better a slow mode without retransmission.

> I have to check the behaviour concerning rig control, it is on the todo
> list also.
> I hope I can fix matters before we travel to EA...

Can I help? Give me some info on where to see in code. I am not a Java
programmer but can try.......

Regards
Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW