[pskmail] Aw: Re: New V2 beta client : jpskmail-2.0.12 ready for testing...

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 22:49:51 +0200 (CEST)

I don't know the signalink... but if it is an external sound card the mixer
should be called CODEC.
The Port CODEC[hw:1] is the port audio driver, it is the same soundcard as the CODEC
If you normally use Pulseaudio that should work also.
I use Pulseaudio on my new Lubuntu machine with the internal soundcard running 2.0.12.
But then you need to configure Pulseaudio correctly by using the pavucontrol program
(sudo apt-get install pavucontrol) to set hardware config and audio levels.
You can use that to set the external soundcard as default (switch of the internal one).
On Lubuntu both active  mixers are called Pulsaudio.
I have been able use a USB headset as a sound card, so I know it is possible.
But it will take some trouble to find the right combination.
The mixer config is stored when you quit the program, you may have to restart the app
a few times, but as soon as it works it will be stable.

Rein PA0R

On 10/05/2012 18:07, Rein Couperus wrote :
In Linux the active configuration file is ~/.pskmail/configuration.xml
and there is a 'y' in the ICON key from last time :-)
Thank you for this answer, which solved my problem, I can now start jpskmail-2.0.12

It also works when you just delete the config file an start fresh,
but is is easier to change the 'y' into a '0', because all other parameters are the same....

So I gather from your mail I can tick off jpskmail-2.0.12 on XP... what are
your input and output audio mixers called?
I'm using a SignaLink USB and in Linux I get the following choices for "In" and "Out" :
default [default]
SIS966[plughw:0,0]
CODEC[plughw:1,0]
Port SIS[hw:0]
Port CODEC[hw:1]
I don't know the differences between "CODEC" and "Port CODEC", which are related with the SignaLink but neither will trigger the SignaLink box. (In Fldigi I usually select "Pulse audio".)

73, Jean-Claude - FK8IH