[pskmail] Article research

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:20:31 +0300

Hi all,

I read Jeff Davis, KE9V, very nice blog (http://ke9v.net/) today and saw
an article on message systems. That article is available here:
http://ke9v.net/2007/06/06/even-more-packet-racket/

As you can see I left a comment there and that lead to an exchange of
emails on the subject. Jeff wondered if I was willing to write an
article about what pskmail actually is and how it is being used and I
said I would give it a shot. So, I wonder if you are willing to answer
this and post a few lines about what you are currently doing with
pskmail ?

To get you started I can say that I use pskmail in various ways and only
last week I was in a cabin in northern Finland where I used it a lot.
I started every morning there with a cup of coffee and a pskmail
session. The first thing I did was to fetch my email and also post a few
messages. When I had taken care of all email business I fetched the news
from the morning papers (www.dn.se and www.svd.se) and also read the all
important news on slashdot (news for nerds, stuff that matters).
During the day I would connect a few times to see if any new emails had
arrived (if so then fetch and handle). Also I had an aprs beacon on
every 10 minutes and that helped me keep track of condx (QSL messages
from which server?). That beacon also let me know that Rein was in his
boat and we had a QSO through pskaprs and also connected in TTY ARQ.
But, thats just one week and I also maintain a server, participate in
the project in various ways etc...

So, I would very much appreciate it if you could post a few lines about
what I should write in that article and also how you use pskmail.