[pskmail] APRS info lacking

  • From: ZJ Laczik <Laczik@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 21:54:56 +0100

Hi,

> I am monitoring HA5PG-MM at the moment, great signal (59+) and the
> positions seem to work

I am glad my reports were received OK - this has been my first experiment
with pskmail whilst en route from Madeira to Ibiza during the past couple
of weeks. I was using an FT-100 with an improvised antenna and a rather
noisy inverter for the P/S; so I could rarely hear/decode the QSLs for my
APRS reports, or even pick up the server beacons. I did try a few times to
connect to the servers, but my received signal was not good enough.

> heading and speed would be nice. So, I would like to add an extended
> info message for aprs.

Yes, I agree. It would be nice to be able to include additional optional
information, like COG, SOG, weather, and perhaps other AIS-type info, and
a comment field.

73

Zsolt John Laczik
HA5PG / M0PGG