[pskmail] Re: 30m Band Utilization Chart updated: 5 Apr 2012

  • From: Klaus Lohmann <dl4oah@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 13:02:38 +0200

Yes Ian,

I think we are misanderstanding each other. I agree, that the chart cannot "know" anything about the radios and there requirements. But still: "Dial Frequency" in my case is 10.146,500 to use the PSKMail "Channel" on 10.148,000. I'm using a well known software package (the only one existing) for this pupose :-). It.s ok for me, but I remember that this matter caused some confusion and email traffic in the past.

Happy easter
Klaus

From: Klaus Lohmann <dl4oah@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012   Time: 09:56:49

I suggest an adittional remark on "Dial Frequency", which is not necessarily 1000 Hz.
I.e. Elecraft K3, Icom IC-7000 and IC-7200 require -1500 Hz.

Hi Klaus

I am sorry, I do not understand you. The dial frequency is where you set the tuning dial to (for example 10.139MHz) for the well-known software packages. The 1000Hz or 1500Hz audio frequency offsets depend on the software you are using,

The important point is that the chart shows the *on-air* frequencies to expect, and you need to set the tuning dial appropriately. If your radio (like the K3) needs a different offset, then that is something that you need to address personally. The chart does not know which radio you are using :-)