[prssr-ml] Re: pRSSreader 1.1.5 beta 1

  • From: Markus Lamers <markus.lamers@xxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:47:21 +0200

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 11:03:52PM +0200, David Andrs wrote:
> Greetings,

Hi,

> pRSSreader 1.1.5 beta 1 is available for
> download on http://pda.jasnapaka.com/prssr/beta/.

I would like to warn everyone to use this version. At least be
very careful.

> The 1.1.5 beta 1 version is intended to use by beta testers. Do NOT use it
> unless you want to help with developement. It is not stable and therefore not
> ready for everyday use. If you want to use it, do not forget to backup your
> PDA. You have been warned!

I have been warned and I made a backup ;)
I stored the backup to my SD Card where unfortunately pRSS was
installed.

Was, because it destroyed the filesystem structure of the SD Card,
so it seems to bee nearly empty (only the pRSS cache directory shows
up). The SD stills seems to be full of data, but it is not listed.

I use an iPAQ hx4700.

btw: the refresh of the feeds took very long.
The problem happend when I was reading one of my feeds and opend the
long version with PIE. When I closed PIE to read the next news item
pRSS was gone and my SD corrupt.

I hope this helps anyone in finding the bug and prevent any more
data loss.

> David Andrs

kind regards
Markus Lamers