[projectaon] Re: pdf?

  • From: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino <jfs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 01:01:34 +0200

On 29 July 2013 10:55, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Psst, Javier...the Combat Heroes books already exist as PDFs on our site!
> ;-)
>
> (...)

Sorry, I was not aware of this ..

Also, 'printable' editions (pdfs) of the Lone Wolf Books only seem to exist
> for Book 1; at least, only Book 1 links to a PDF:
>
> (...)

You are right,  we didn't publish them in English (yet). I uploaded some a
long time ago at http://www.projectaon.org/staff/javier/pdf/, and Ingo
worked on them later own. We do have the infrastructure to build them
automagically (just like with the ebook versions) but there were some
issues that we did not get around to fix them completely.

On the other hand, the Spanish books do have the PDF versions available
(see http://www.projectaon.org/es/pdf/ls/) and they are linked from the
book pages for all published books.

If PDFs exist for all the LW books, we should add links to them. I was not
> aware that all the LW books exist as PDFs, though.

I'll have to regenerate the PDF for all books and maybe we should publish
them "as is". They are not yet perfect and some known issues exist but
maybe it's time to make them available.

Hopefully I will have some spare time along next month and I intend to work
in PA a little bit, let's see if I get to something decent we can publish
in the PDF area.

Regards

Javier