[projectaon] Re: novels

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, sirdrinkalotabeer@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 23:13:00 +0000

pamail.cgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

The following was sent from the Project Aon contact form
From: Rick Subject: novels

I have ben wondering for a number of years if your site will ever publish the
Lone Wolf novels.

They have always been my favorite adventure series and unfortunately I lost my
entire collection due to fire.

Needless to say I was extremely heartbroken. I would especially like my young son and wife to enjoy these old jems.

If you need a transcriber I would be willing to do the work if only I had the
books still.

Any how, if there is even a remote possibility of you presenting the novels I
would jump for joy!

thanks for your time,
Rick

P.S. I once spoke with Mr Dever via email and was informed of a potential
re-publishing of these books. Is that still a possibility???

Hi Rick

Thanks for your interest in Project Aon.

We currently do not have the rights to make the Legends of Lone Wolf novels available on our site. We would need the permission of Paul Barnett (aka John Grant) to do so, and we have not yet contacted him with this proposal.

It is likely we will approach Paul at some point with a view to making the twelve Legends books available from the Project Aon website, but we have not yet done so, and we are awaiting the best time to ask. Should we receive his permission, we would already have full transcriptions of the text of the books in his original PDFs, so transcription would not be necessary, though we certainly appreciate your desire to help.

The interview on this site refers to him trying to get the Legends back into print in Italian: <http://www.infinityplus.co.uk/nonfiction/intjg.htm>. The (c) at the bottom of the page suggests that the interview took place more than four years ago, and nothing has yet happened, as far as we are aware. Paul did re-edit the first six of the Legends, and all 12 books were available to buy as PDFs from the author's site for some time. Around eighteen months ago, he discontinued this service, citing that although he was making no money from the sales of the Legends PDFs, someone was selling multiple copies of them on Ebay, and that had disillusioned him.

I hope this E-mail answers your questions.

For Sommerlund and the Kai!