[projectaon] Re: i-Phone editions of the gamebooks

  • From: James Durrant <james.durrant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 17:35:40 +0100

Hi Richard

Very pleased to hear about your interest in the books :)

AON itself has no relation to the commercial aspects of publishing the books.
Mongoose are the current publishers, so that is probably the best place to
direct the suggestion.

I have heard that the iPhone rights to the books have been reserved, but we
have no further details on that available unfortunately, so I don't know what
form that might take.

AON is involved in publishing the free internet editions of the books, and in
turn in helping mongoose with their editions.  We produce various readers for
the books on various platforms, but these all read (or download) the books
directly from the AON website.

There have been various non-commercial attempts to produce iPhone versions, but
these all fell down due to the license already being held by another party.

Sorry I can't be of more help with your dream on this - but the books are
available through a variety of other readers.

James.