[projectaon] Re: What is the correct way to add a reference to another book?

  • From: Ingo Kloecker <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 20:43:51 +0200

On Saturday 21 July 2007 16:36, Jonathan Blake wrote:
> On 7/21/07, Ingo Kloecker <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > in 14tcok.xml I found two different pieces of XML seemingly having
> > the same semantic, i.e. both link to book 17tdoi:

> > <bookref series="lw" book="17tdoi"><cite>The Deathlord of
> > Ixia</cite></bookref>
> >
> > Is one of those two methods to reference another book obsoleted by
> > the other? Or is there a sematic difference between them?
>
> The first method is obsolete. We went with the second version because
> it allows us the possibility of linking directly to a particular
> section of a book rather than just to the title page.

Okay. I replaced the last remaining &link.BOOK; links by bookref's in
the LW books. There are still &link.BOOK; style links in the GS and the
FW books. I'll fix those after I have read HP7 unless someone beats me
to it. ;-)

BTW, I noticed that sometimes <bookref> is enclosed in <cite> and
sometimes <bookref> encloses <cite>. I guess it doesn't matter much,
but nevertheless it might be good to be consistent because that would
ease automatic checking.

Regards,
Ingo