[projectaon] Re: Using illustrations for a Lone Wolf fansite

  • From: "Jonathan Blake" <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 12:42:16 -0800

On 1/31/07, David Latapie <david@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Tim,

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 16:09:51 +0900, Timothy Pederick wrote:
> In short, you may or may not be allowed to do this, depending on your local
> laws; the Project Aon License ultimately does not change this one way or the
> other.

If I understand correctly, the Project Aon license only has an effect
when nothing is said in the French law.

Greetings Ikar-tas-Kai,

To be clear, the PA license (and any other license) grants you extra
permission to do things that would otherwise be illegal. If French law
grants you the ability to do something without the PA license, then
the license doesn't limit those rights. If something is forbidden
under French law, then you need special license to do that something.
The PA license allows certain special permissions (i.e. download a
copy without paying for it) under certain conditions that you agree to
meet.

That's the role of the PA license, conditionally extending your
already existing rights.

--
Jonathan Blake (aka Desert Lynx)