[projectaon] Re: Readers' Handbook Comment Period Begins

  • From: "Jonathan Blake" <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 09:44:23 -0700

On 9/1/06, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> Just a quick comment: does the Read Handbook include the information
> available in the forum's FAQ? I think it would be nice to have this
> information available in the main site (vs. looking for it in the forums).

Hmm, not a bad idea. Of course, most (all?) the information is already there in
the Appendix page listing the Newsletter Quotes, but they are presented in a
chronological order rather than sorted by subject.

Jon, do you think it would be worth adding the Forum Rules FAQ material to the
Readers' Handbook?
<http://projectaon.proboards30.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1113601814>

A FAQ format would be good. However, I would just list the questions in one section and link to appropriate Topical Guide articles. The work would be in including the forum FAQ into the TG. For example:

Q: Can I carry multiple Quivers?
A: See "Quivers".

This would simply add a different way to interface to the same
information. Let the reader choose which is more friendly to himself.

Book specific FAQs would be more appropriate as footnotes in the books.

Thoughts?