[projectaon] Re: Project Aon: smart phone support?

  • From: Eric Zollman <ericzollman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 14:48:12 -0400

Eric,

Thanx for giving the blackberry a try! Yeah it kinda seems that the good old blackberry is getting left behind in the phone wars... I guess it's still good for some business stuff, but hell most smart phones now can run OpenOffice.org and open spreadsheets and everything.,

Anyway I'm really surprised that everything actually worked on the blackberry (aside from screen size limitations). Thanks again...

--
*-Eric Zollman* [ericzollman@xxxxxxxxx]

On 4/5/2011 11:01 AM, Eric Rossing wrote:
Just tried it on my Blackberry Bold 9000.

Saving, loading, and the combat section all worked. The phone's
browser's frames support and screen size make it almost impossible to
use on this phone. (It took me 3 minutes just to adjust the frame to
be able to push the save button). I don't think there's anything you
could do to fix that, it's just the way it is for this device.

Assuming nobody else beats me to it, I'll try it on my iPod Touch (2G)
when I'm next in WiFi.

On 4/5/11, Eric Zollman<ericzollman@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Just out of curiosity... If anybody out there on the Project Aon mailing
list has a smart phone? And wouldn't mind  to test the Java Script
action charts on the PA servers for me? That would be really cool. umm,
iPad, iPhone, Android, THC, Windows Phone, Black Berry... Any platform
would be cool. I have tested on PC, MAC, and Linux with various browsers
but I don't have a smart phone.

If you can: browse to any of the action charts and test the combat
system, then check to see if you can save/load any data in the action
chart. Then just email me and let me know the results and what platform
you tested.

http://www.projectaon.org/staff/eric/

A million thanx to anybody who can test my scripts for me! ;-)

--
*-Eric Zollman* [ericzollman@xxxxxxxxx]